January 2021 update
Starting Sunday, Jan. 21:
The CHBC board has updated our gathering procedures for Sunday Services.
- Masks continue to be required as you move throughout the building.
- When you have arrived in a designated worship area, masks are optional (with the exception of the fellowship hall).
- There are no longer mask or social distancing restrictions for fellowshipping in the auditorium or family area before or after the service, but we ask you to be respectful and considerate of those around you.
- The fellowship hall will continue to be designated as a vulnerable-friendly area where masks are required and there will be no singing.
We continue to ask that you:
- Stay home if you are sick or have had contact with a person who has COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- Use the hand sanitizer provided and wash your hands often.
- If you attend a service in the building and later test positive for COVID-19, please notify the church office. We will maintain confidentiality.
Designated worship areas:
- The children’s wing on the lower level is set aside for families to allow children to be more active. Tables are set up, and the service is streamed to a large TV.
- The fellowship hall is designated as a vulnerable-friendly area where masks are required and there is no singing.
- Our nursery has reopened. Read the new nursery procedures.
- Awana has resumed. Read about the new Awana procedures.
- Youth Group: We will be spread out over the fellowship hall, and the evening will look a little different than it has in the past. Contact Pastor Carter with questions.
- Sunday School: Children’s Sunday school will resume when we have enough teachers enlisted.
As we prepare to gather again, here’s our plan to make every effort to keep each other safe out of love for one another.
- Greet each other with smiles and waves rather than hugs and handshakes.
- Ask our greeters and ushers to wear masks.
- Provide hand sanitizer at each set of doors and at the top of the stairs.
- Not offer coffee or refreshments. Drinking fountains will be closed.
- Not have shared Bibles, pens or bulletins, and we will not pass offering plates or communion.
We ask you to:
- If you’re not feeling well, please stay home and participate via livestream.
- If you have had contact with a person who has COVID-19, please do not come to the church building for 14 days following the exposure.
- Maintain 6-foot social distancing from those not in your household.
- Use the hand sanitizer provided.
- If you have children, please accompany them within the building.
- Give at the offering box in the foyer, online, or by mail.
If you’re not ready to join us in person, we welcome you to watch online.